Note: Attempt any FOUR questions from section A and TWO questions from Section B.
1. (a) Define term contract.
(b) Describe essential of valid contract.
2. (a) How contract is classified?
(b) “A” and “B” being traders, under upon a contract “A” has private information of a change in prices, which would effect “B”’s willingness to proceed with the contract. Is “A” bound to inform “B”.
3. (a) Define common carrier and its duties.
(b) Distinguish between Character party and Bill of Leading.
4. (a) Define the term “Agent”.
(b) Discuss the different modes in which the authority of an agent may be terminated.
5. (a) What do you understand by Capacity of parties under contract act 1872?
(b) What is the position of a contract with minor in Pakistan? Is there any contract with minor is valid? Explain.
6. (a) Write short notes on any THREE of the following:
(i) Kinds of Endorsement
(ii) Kinds of Bill of Leading
(iii) Types of negotiable instrument
(iv) Kinds of mortgage
(v) Remedies against “Breach of Contract”
(vi) Bill of Leading
(vii) Capacity to contract
7. (a) What is meant by “Accident”.
(b) Give classification of disablement under the Workment compensation act.
8. Discuss the powers of Inspector and certifying surgeon under the Factories act 1934.
9. What are the restrictions on employment of women and children under factories act 1934.
10. (a) Enumerate the unfair labour practice on the part of an employer laid down in Industrial relations Ordinance 1969?
(b) Will the employer be liable to pay compensation under the following cases or not? Give argument.
(i) A worker lost his mental balance as a result of an injury by accident while working in a factory and committed suicide.
(ii) As a cumulative effect of exposure to glare of light for a long period of life in the course of his employment, a workman lost his eyesight.
11. Write short notes on any THREE of the following:
(i) Strike and Lock out
(ii) Total disablement
(iv) Certifying surgeon
(v) Employment of children
(vii) Labour court