Difference between Mitochondria and Plastids
- Mitochondria are present in all living cells i.e plant as well as animal cells.
- They are of only one type.
- Mitochondria are called the power house of the cells, because they generate energy by cellular respiration.
- They are concerned with respiration.
- Plastids are present only in plant.
- They are of three types on the basis of pigments e.g a) Leucoplasts, b) Chloroplasts, c) Chromoplasts
- Plastids especially chloroplasts are called the food factors because they manufacture food for plants by photosynthesis.
- They are concerned with photosynthesis.