Fill in the Blanks
1. The change of position of a body in a particular direction is called its __________.
2. The change of displacement of a body with respect to time is called its __________.
3. The rate of change of position in a particular direction is called the __________ of the body.
4. The total change in displacement divided by the total change in time of a body is called its __________.
5. The acceleration of a body is uniform when average and instantaneous values of the acceleration are __________.
6. If the body moves towards earth, neglecting air resistance and small changes in acceleration with altitude. This body is referred to as free falling body and its motion is called __________.
7. __________ is an agent which changes or tends to change the state of the body.
8. __________ is the property of the matter due to which it will try to remain in the same state.
9. When a constant force is applied on a body then it will start to move with constant __________.
10. Mass of the body is the measure of __________.
11. Tension in string is a __________which will be produced in it whenever it is subjected to pull.
12. The quantity of motion produced in a body is called its __________.
13. The momentum of a body is defined as the product of mass and __________ of the body.
14. A system in which the particles of the system may exert some force one upon the other because of their collision but no external force can be applied on them is called __________ system of interacting bodies.
15. The collision between the two bodies is the __________ if total momentum as well as the kinetic energy of the system remain the same.
16. In inelastic collision the kinetic energy of the system will __________ conserved.
17. If a massive body will collide elastically with a lighter body at rest then the lighter body will start to move with a velocity equal to __________ first body.
18. The force, which opposes the motion of body on a surface, is called __________.
19. The friction is due to the __________ of the material of the surfaces in contract.
20. The force of friction always acts __________ to the surfaces in contact.
21. The direction of the friction will always be __________ to the direction of motion.
22. The friction within a fluid is called its __________.
23. The friction is said to be __________ when the body slides over the other.
24. Sliding friction is __________ than the rolling friction.
25. The ratio of limiting friction to the normal reaction acting between two surfaces in contact is called __________.
26. In bicycles the sliding friction is replaced by __________.
27. On frictionless inclined plane the acceleration of the body is __________ of its mass.
28. On frictionless inclined plane where a = gsinq if q = 90° then a = __________.
29. On an inclined plane the ‘wcosq’ will always be equal to __________.
30. According to the second law of motion average force applied on the body is equal to its rate of change of __________.
31. __________ friction arises when one solid object is set into motion across the surface of another solid body.
32. __________ friction results when a solid object moves through fluid.
33. 1 newton = __________ dynes.
34. The acceleration produced in the body if the applied force is equal to the weight of the body is __________.
35. The law of conservation of momentum is equivalent to theNewton’s __________ law of motion.
36. The motion of jet plane and rocket are based on conservation of __________.
37. When the friction between the surface of an inclined plane and a body on it is equal to the component of the weight of the body __________ to the plane, then the body remains at rest on the inclined plane.
38. The acceleration of body on a smooth inclined plane is maximum when the plane is making an angle of __________ with the horizontal.
39. The terminal velocity of a spherical body in fluid is inversely proportional to the __________ of the body.
40. In fluid the acceleration of spherical body becomes zero when the force of gravity is equal to the __________ force offered by the fluid.