Fill in the Blanks
1. The SHM is a __________ motion.
2. The SHM is a motion under __________ force.
3. In case of SHM __________ is proportional to displacement and is always directed towards mean position.
4. In SHM the system should be free from __________.
5. In SHM the system must possess __________.
6. In SHM the amplitude of vibration remains __________.
7. In SHM the time period of vibrating body remain __________.
8. The time period of simple pendulum __________ with its length.
9. The gravitational acceleration at a place is inversely proportional to the __________ of its time period of a simple pendulum at that place.
10. The simple pendulum comes to rest after some time due to the friction at the support and __________ resistance.
11. Stationary waves are produced due to the phenomenon of __________.
12. In stationary waves, node are the points at which __________ of the particles of the medium is zero.
13. In standing waves, the points at which particles of medium vibrate maximum amplitude are called __________.
14. In standing waves, at nodes particles, of the medium are under __________ tension.
15. In standing waves produced in a stretched string, when string is vibrating in two loops, the frequency of waves is equal to the __________ of fundamental frequency.
16. In standing waves produced in a stretched string, the second harmonic is also called __________ multiple.
17. Decibel is a unit of __________.
18. The number of beats produced per second is equal to __________ of frequency between the two vibrating bodies producing beats.
19. The phenomenon in the variation of __________ of sound due to relative motion of source or observer is called Doppler’s Effect.
20. When a listener moves towards a stationary source, the pitch of sound appears to __________.
21. The equation Y = f(x-vt) represents a travelling wave travelling towards __________.
22. The sound waves are __________ and longitudinal waves in nature.
23. The speed of sound waves through a gas is __________ to its absolute temperature.
24. The particle’s velocity at antinodes in standing wave is __________.
25. The pitche of a sound note depends upon its __________ of vibration.
26. Y = -Aosin kx (coswt) represents the equation of a __________ wave.
27. Another term used for quality of sound is __________.
28. The characteristic by which one sound can be distinguished from other is known as __________.
29. The sound absorbing soft porous materials are used in big hall is order to have good __________.
30. Radar is an abbreviation of __________.
31. In standing waves the distance between two __________ nodes or antinodes is equal to one wavelength.
32. In standing waves the distance between one node and nearest antinode is equal to __________ wavelength.
33. In standing waves the particles velocity at the nodal point is __________.
34. The velocity of sound waves in vacuum is __________.
35. When sound waves travel through any gas the phenomena is __________.