Fill in the Blanks
1.Newtonsupported __________ theory of light.
2. __________ suggested wave theory of light.
3. __________ formulated electromagnetic theory.
4. Photon is a __________ of light.
5. Wave theory predicts __________ velocity of light in material medium then vacuum.
6. The first clear demonstration that light is a wave phenomenon was made by __________.
7. The electromagnetic radiation having wavelength between 4000A° and 7000A° are called __________.
8. The electromagnetic radiation of wavelength more than 7000A° are known as __________.
9. Photoelectric effect and Compton effect supported the __________ theory of light.
10. Interference of light can be explained on the basis of __________ theory of light.
11. The locus of all points, which are in same state of vibration, is called __________.
12. The points of constructive interference are always of __________ intensity.
13. The points of destructive interference are of __________ intensity.
14. A small portion of a spherical wave front, at a large distance from the source becomes almost.
15. The shape of wave front at a very small distance from the source of light is __________.
16. For points of constructive interference the path difference between two interfering wave is zero of __________ of the wavelength.
17. For the points of __________ interference the path difference between two interfering waves is odd multiple of half wavelength.
18. If we decrease the distance between slits and screen, in Young’s Experiment, fringe spacing will __________.
19. If we decrease the separation between the slits in Young’s Experiment the fringe will __________.
20. In Young’s Experiment the fringes are equally __________.
21. In Young’s experiment the __________ fringe is always bright.
22. A glass plate on which equally spaced lines are ruled is known as __________.
23. The distance between two consecutive slits of diffraction during grating is known as __________.
24. To obtainNewton’s Rings a __________ lens of __________ focal length is required.
25.Newton’s rings are formed due to the phenomena of __________ interference.
26. In __________ the central ring may be bright or dark.
27. In thin film interference for destructive interference between two interfering waves be __________ or __________ of wavelength.
28. In Young’s Experiment two narrow sites are used to obtain __________.
29. In Michlson’s interferometer the purpose of beam splitter is to obtain __________.
30. In thin film interference phase coherence is obtained by reflecting the light from __________ and __________ surface of the air film.
31.Newton’s rings are formed due to __________ film formed between convex surface and plane glass sheet.
32. The speed of X-rays is __________ to the speed of light.
33. __________ is a special type of interference.
34. The phenomenon of polarization confirms the __________ of light.
35. X-ray diffraction can be observed when they are made incident on __________.
36. In case of Young’s Experiment the distance between two consecutive bright or dark fringes is known as __________.
37. The bending of light around an obstacle or sharp edge is called __________.
38. The phenomenon of polarization can be used to check __________ of optically active substances in a solution.
39. The points at which two sources cancel each other effects are known as points __________ interference.
40. If l is the wavelength of light in a medium of refractive index n then wavelength of light in air l is equal to __________.