Office Automation Applications
Office Automation refers to the way information is generated and communicated within an organization includes documents produced, transmitted, copied and filed.
The two main innovations toward office automation were the introduction of word processing and new computerized data processing techniques.
The introduction of word-processing machines was the pivotal factor in changing the way offices operate. Word processing is the most widely adopted of all the new office technologies. Most offices today use computers for word processing.
Most of the company’s files are now stored electronically with data-processing. Some files need to be stored for many years, and replaces on electronic media take up only that space required for that electronic media than those placed in office files cabinets.
1. Word Processors
Word Processing is an activity of entering, viewing, storing, retrieving, editing, rearranging and printing text material using a computer. And the software that performs these activities is called Word Processors. The important thing in choosing a word processor is to make sure that it has the features that you require. For example, one program may include a large dictionary to check for spelling errors, but no math functions.
• It provides speed and efficiency in creating the documents,
• It gives freedom to concentrate for the mechanics on writing and typing.
• It is not necessary to retype pages or white out words and lines as done with a typewriter.
• Typographical errors can be corrected and editing changes can be made on the screen before the text is actually printed,
• Words and paragraphs can be moved to any place in the text, and characters can be changed, inserted, or deleted with few keystrokes,
Spelling can be automatically checked
• Word Wrap
• Entering text
• Editing text Search and Replace
• Spell & Grammar Checker
• Font Size & Style
• Line & Paragraph Spacing
• Indents & Alignment
• Tabs and Tab Stops
• Border, Shading. & Shadows
• Page Size & Orientation
• Headers and Footers
• Columns & Sections
• Graphics & Sounds
• Mad Merge
With the development and advancement of the computer and its capabilities the paper spreadsheet was converted to a computerized format through programs called Spreadsheet. These programs are used for entering, calculating, manipulating, and analyzing sets of numbers.
• Values Dates
• Charts Hard sorrow which has crushed and maimed homeworkhelper.net/ the nature just when it