PAST INDEFINITE / PRESENT PERFECT / PAST PERFECT
1. When I (arrive) ____ home last night, I discovered that Sarah (prepare) ____ a beautiful candle light dinner.
2. Since I began acting. I (perform) ____ in two plays, a television commercial and a TV drama. However, I (speak, never even) ____ publicly before I came to Hollywood in 1985.
3. By the time I got to the office, the meeting (begin, already) ____ without me. My boss (be) ____ furious with me and I (be) ____ fired.
4. When I (turn) ____ the radio on yesterday, I (hear) ____ a song that was popular when I was in high school. I (hear, not) ____ the song in years, and it (bring) ____ back some great memories.
5. Last week, I (run) ____ into a friend of mine. We (see, not) ____each other in years, and both of us (change) ____ a great deal. I (enjoy) ____ taking to her so much that I (ask) ____ her out on a date. We are getting together tonight for dinner.
6. When Ali (enter) ____ the room, I (recognize, not) ____ him because he (lose) ____ so much weight and (grow) ____ a beard. He looked totally different.
7. The Maya established a very advanced civilization in the jungles of the Yucatan, however, their culture (disappear, virtually) ____ by the time Europeans first (arrive) ____ in the New World.