1. A body of 0.5kg attached to a spring is displaced from its equilibrium position and is released. If spring constant K is 50N/m, find the time period and the frequency.
2. A car has siren sounding 2KHz tone. What frequency will be detected by stationary listener as the car is approaching him at 80km/h. (speed of sound = 1200 km/h).
3. Calculate the speed of sound in air at atmospheric pressure P = 1.01 x 105 N/m2, taking g = 1.40 and r = 1.2 kg/m3.
4. Calculate the length of second’s Pendulum at a place where g = 10.0 m/s2.
5. When mass m is hung on a vertical spring, it stretches through 6cm. Determine its period of vibration if its is pulled down a little and released.
6. A guitar string has a linear density of 7.16 gm/m and is under tension of 152 N. the fixed supports of the string are 89.4 cm apart. If its vibrates in three segments. Calculate the speed, the wavelength and the frequency of the standing wave.
7. Calculate the length of second’s pendulum on the surface of moon where the acceleration due to gravity is 0.167 times that on the earth’s surface.
8. A source of sound and a listener are moving towards each other with velocities, which are 0.5 time, and 0.2 time the speed of sound respectively. If the source is emitting 2KHz tone. Calculate the frequency heard by the listener.
9. A stationary wave is set in a 1.5 metre long string fixed at both ends. The string vibrates in five segments when driven by a frequency of 100 Hz. Calculate the wavelength and the fundamental frequency.