Properties of Covalent Compounds:
Following are the main characteristics of covalent compounds:
1. All covalent compounds are consisted of molecules where no charge is present on atoms.
2. Due to no intermolecular attraction or weak force they generally exist in liquids or gases. Some covalent compounds are soft solids.
3. They have low melting and boiling points.
4. Due to absence of charges, covalent compounds are bad conductor of electricity or non electrolytes.
5. Covalent compounds are insoluble in water but soluble in polar solvents, it covalent compound is also polar.