MANAGEMENT (PRIVATE) 2004
Time: Three hours
Note: Attempt any Five questions.
1. a) What do you understand by ‘Managements? (05 mark)
b) Describe the role of Heny Fayol’s principles in the development of Management. (15 marks)
2.a) Can you as a manager ‘Prevent problems’ from happening? If so, what steps would you follow? Elaborate your answer.
b) What is Delphi Technique? Explain. (15+05 marks)
3. a) Explain the following steps of Planning Process: (15 marks)
(i) Choosing objectives.
(ii) Identifying premises.
(iii) Establishing standards.
b) Explain Nominal Group Technique. (05 marks)
4. a) Define Controlling. State the three basic steps involved in control. (10 marks)
b) Explain the characteristics of a good controlling system (10 marks)
5. a) What do you understand by inventory Chart? Write in some detail. (10 marks)
b) Discuss the different methods of training. (10 marks)
6. a) Define Group. What are the reasons that give rise to their formation? (12 marks)
b) How groups grow? Discuss. (08 marks)
7. a) What is good Communication? (08 marks)
b) Explain various barriers to Communication. (12 marks)
8. a) What is Motivation? Explain. (05 marks)
b) Name the various Theories of Motivation. Discuss any one theory in some detail. (15 marks)
9. a) what is meant by ‘Organization’? (05 marks)
b) Discuss the four Basic Element of organization. (15 marks)
10. Short Note: Attempt any Two: (20 marks)
(a) Functions of Manager
(b) Human Balance Sheet.
(c) Staffing Process